cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE-5000 & IP Services

geoffry.brown
Level 1
Level 1

I am building a microwave hub on top of a mountain for 6 1GB wireless links.  I am choosing the IE-5000 because I am not 100% confident in my temperature control.  I will need layer 3 switching, so I want to buy the IP Services software upgrade.  

1.  I am finding that some of the new Cisco switches such as the IE-1000 don't support the standard Cisco CLI.  Does this switch support the standard CLI command set?  

2.  How has the IP Services upgraded worked for anyone that has used it.  Is there anything that I need to be aware of?

3.  Are there any better choices for me?

GDB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IE-5000 industrail switches they do support command level and have IP Service features.

Now a Days most of them looking for GUI to easy configuration especially Industrial and SMB Switches.

"Can be upgraded to IP Services license"

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/industrial-ethernet-5000-series-switches/datasheet-c78-734967.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IE-5000 industrail switches they do support command level and have IP Service features.

Now a Days most of them looking for GUI to easy configuration especially Industrial and SMB Switches.

"Can be upgraded to IP Services license"

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/industrial-ethernet-5000-series-switches/datasheet-c78-734967.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Now that I have implemented the IE-5000, while it does support layer 3 switching, I might call it Layer 3 light.  It doesn't support all the layer 3 items that you would see in a normal Cisco 4431 router.  We did get everything implemented, but we had to develop a couple of work arounds.  

Unfortunately, I don't remember right now what those work arounds were, so they were more of an irritant than a show stopper.