cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Certificate CRL LDAP Failed

Turbo727
Level 1
Level 1

We used DNAC GUI to generate CSR and signed the certificate using our internal CA. it looks like successful. however, on DNAC managed switches, I saw this error message, could anyone help me understand this message?

%PKI-4-CRL_LDAP_QUERY: An attempt to retrieve the CRL from ldap:///CN=Internal-CA(3),CN=SCertAuth01,CN=CDP,CN=Public%20Key%20Services,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=internal?certificateRevocationList?base?objectClass=cRLDistributionPoint using LDAP has failed

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

i guess there is more relevant source to check:

andydoesntlikeuucp_0-1714387945256.png

View solution in original post

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As Andy pointed out, if you include CRL links in your system cert that is uploaded to the Cisco Catalyst Center GUI those get pushed to the device as part of the telemetry push to update the DNAC-CA on the network device. At that point, the network device will attempt to reach out to the CRL to confirm the certificate is still good and not revoked. If the network device cannot resolve or access one/any of the CRL URLs listed, then the network device will generate a syslog stating what you see.

You have to be careful with this as there are IOS-XE defects that cause high system load on the network device if the CRL is not reachable. The screen shot that Andy shared is from the Cisco Catalyst Center GUI: Menu → Design → Network Settings → Security and Trust. Starting in 2.3.5.x you can change the revocation check to None for a particular site or all sites. This will get pushed to the DNAC-CA trustpoint so that even if a CRL is listed, a check is not performed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

updated

i guess there is more relevant source to check:

andydoesntlikeuucp_0-1714387945256.png

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As Andy pointed out, if you include CRL links in your system cert that is uploaded to the Cisco Catalyst Center GUI those get pushed to the device as part of the telemetry push to update the DNAC-CA on the network device. At that point, the network device will attempt to reach out to the CRL to confirm the certificate is still good and not revoked. If the network device cannot resolve or access one/any of the CRL URLs listed, then the network device will generate a syslog stating what you see.

You have to be careful with this as there are IOS-XE defects that cause high system load on the network device if the CRL is not reachable. The screen shot that Andy shared is from the Cisco Catalyst Center GUI: Menu → Design → Network Settings → Security and Trust. Starting in 2.3.5.x you can change the revocation check to None for a particular site or all sites. This will get pushed to the DNAC-CA trustpoint so that even if a CRL is listed, a check is not performed.