Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Client Licensing on ISE

sajidabbas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm preparing a solution for Guest WiFi with users to be created on ISE through either sponsor or self service portal.

My question is, will each user or the device they log on from consume ISE base license or any other license type usage. 

is there any other consideration to be taken into account with this solution.

Sajid

2 Replies 2

you need to select correct license counts according to number of devices and features they are planning to use. you can use AAA, Guest sponsor features in Base license and if you are planning to use posture like features, it needs premier license. since these are concurrent licenses, you can purchase only for count of required quantity for concurrent access.

check this.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/qa-c67-744190.html

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

ammahend
VIP
VIP

My question is, will each user or the device they log on from consume ISE base license or any other license type usage. 

user and device are 2 different things, ise license is based on per session, each user can have multiple devices and multiple session. So as recommended keep the count based on consurrent sessions. For your use case base license is sufficient. 

-hope this helps-
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card