Wireless - Mobility

Connect with peers and Cisco on all aspects of wireless tech including security and network management, LANs and indoor and outdoor access points.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Browse the Community

Activity in Wireless - Mobility

Directional antenna compatible with the C9124AXE series AP

Hello everyone,I am currently selecting an external directional antenna compatible with the C9124AXE series AP. My requirements are:1.Dual-port antenna2.Operating temperature greater than or equal to 60℃3.Works in the 5GHz band4.Antenna gain greater ...

LEIM3 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 3802i AP and Migration from 5508 to v9800-CL

Hi All,Thank you for taking the time to look at this post.  I've got a bit of a situation where as I am tasked with Migrating all of our AP's (3802i) site-by-site from a pair of Physical WLC's at the Datacenter to a Pair of Virtual WLCs in the Cloud....

Migrated-AP.png Non-Migrated-AP.png
russell.s by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco 9800 wlc fail over

We have successfully run one WLC 9800 MODEL on my x site with 73 aps and I am looking for my primary x location hardware any reason fails then we will need to configure fail over setup from location and B and C which far from A location 50 Miles. Can...

ddesai by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Troubleshooting AP1815W-B-K9 to that can't join 5520 WLC

I have a AIR-AP1815W-B-K9 that can't join my 5520 controller. What's weird is that it joined on my test switch in office. When I bring it to the edge switch, it won't join.....switch config is all correct. POE etc is all correct.I attached the log of...

C9800 WLC PKI Cert Renew Error

Hi, We have been receiving this error on our C9800-CL controller for some time now and not sure what it requires.  %PKI-2-CERT_RENEW_FAIL: Certificate renewal failed for trustpoint sdn-network-infra-iwan Reason : Failed to get ID certificate from CA ...

Purchase Advice - Mesh Wireless Network

Hello Community,My employer's accommodation consists of an office and a non-adjacent meeting room, in the same building. The offices are leased with all utilities provided with the lease, including wired Internet connectivity. We have a staff count o...

ccitox1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Converting AP4800 from CAPWAP to ME

Alright community - SAVE ME!  I've been looking through all of the documentation and I'm stumped.  How do I convert a CAPWAP 4800 to mobility express?  I've looked through this: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/810/...

benjmoor by Cisco Employee
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! AP C9120AXI-E doesn't get an IP over DHCP or can't ping DefaultGateway

Hello, I can't quite understand what the problem here is, here is the situation;   I need to configure and make ready let's say 100s of APs. I already configured a Cisco switch with DHCP server on int. I'm plugging 10 APs at a time to switch, and unt...

O.K. by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

AD credential during de 802.1x wireless SSID connection

Dear Community.I configured a SSID for employees to use, then selected the security type of this SSID as 802.1x. I made the necessary configurations on WLC and ISE. Currently, an employee can authenticate and connect to the wireless network through t...

yakp by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can catalyst 9124ax join mobility express controller

Greetings,   We had deployed mobility express for wireless complrising of 2800  1800, 1542  6300.   But now we have to replace one faulty 1542 and as this is end of sale - catalyst 1542 is the optio   Can 9124ax join existing mobility express or shou...

CAPWAP do not convert to EWC

Hello,We have Catalyst 9100AX series APs. We want to convert one of them to EWC. We tried to factoy reset both however after the reset they are still act like CAPWAP and stuck at  CAPWAP States.P.S. We have WLCs in our network but we isolated the VLA...

kdemir by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Mobility Express vs CAPWAP: firmware overhead?

Hi there,Will it sacrifice its wireless performance if an AP runs ME firmware instead of the lightweight CAPWAP stuff within an ME cluster (the controller is another AP)? I.e. I got 4x 3802I, is it better to convert 2, or 3 of them to be CAPWAP mode?...

Top Experts - Last 30 Days