Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot discover and connect to Chromecast C9800-CL

sajidabbas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We recently installed Cisco wireless with C9800-CL WLC (x2) managed by DNAC. 

We have two clients, a mobile and chromecast, on the same SSID and we're trying to cast from the mobile device.

However, the mobile device cannot even discover the chromecast. Is there a specific config that needs to be enabled for this to work. We're mostly working with default mDNS and multicast configuration as both devices are part of the same WLAN/VLAN.

WLC version 17.6.4

Appreciate some assistance here.

Sajid 

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Take a look at this guide and make sure you follow it step by step.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/215352-configure-and-troubleshoot-mdns-on-catal.html
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

sajidabbas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Thanks for your response. I went over the guide. I know we can enable mDNS gateway but our setup is chromecast and other devices in the same VLAN/WLAN. 

Do we still need to enable and configure mDNS gateway and additional profiles.

Why not try it. It’s not working right now because the traffic is not being processed by the controller. Just follow the guide on how and what to do and then let us know if it’s still not working. You are using a 9809-CL so I’m assuming FlexConnect mode? Also might depend on what is your setup and switches. MDNS can also run in your gateway if supported if you don’t want to enable this on the controller but that is something you need to play around with and figure out what is working.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Prince.O
Spotlight
Spotlight

As this is a 9800-CL , what comes to mind that will make a difference here is mDNS set to bridging on the SSIDs ? 

Also are your Aps in flexconnect or local mode ? 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card