cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS-SP-FI Fabric Interconnect multiple uplink ports

geoffry.brown
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UCS-Mini that I share with a different group, and we are in the process of separating our resources.    Currently, there is a single trunk connection to each side of the UCS Fabric Interconnect.  The expansion ports are used for storage connections.

I had this grand plan that I could simply add a new uplink to the UCS with new VLANs and connect those to my blades and run my environment completely separate from the current environment.  I was then informed by one of my co-workers that had been trained on Gen 1 versions, that I could not do that.  That the Fabric Interconnect was not a switch and could not support multiple uplinks with different VLANs from different switches..

Is this really so?   If I really want to bring 2 different uplinks from 2 different switches into this shared UCS, how might I do that?

G

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You just need to configure disjoint layer 2 configuration, where you prune off the unwanted vlans per logical uplink.

See https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/unified-computing/white_paper_c11-692008.pdf

Thanks,

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card