cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot and disconnecting on RNA

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I have configured a hunt pilot to queue calls during my contact center upgrade as a backup. The line group only has 1 dn and if the dn does not answer then I am looping it back to the hunt pilot. However, if the agent doesn't answer then the call gets disconnected. Is looping back to the pilot allowed on RNA or could this be causing my call to drop. I have checked the calling search space to make sure it is configured as well for the RNA on the pilot. CUCM 12.5 SU5.

6 Replies 6

What if you try to set the destination for the RNA to something else than the original hunt pilot? I doubt that sending the call back to where it came from works, but I might be wrong. By testing if it would work with another destination you’ll rule out CSS issues and then you’ll pretty much left with that you cannot send it back to the hunt pilot number. If so what if you bounce it off another number, it can be a dummy number, that has a CFA to the HP? That might trick the system to not see the call as looped back to the original destination.

Response Signature

Nice tip! I created a CTI port and set its DN CFA to the hunt pilot. This did allow it to loop once but then disconnected the call after the second forward attempt. If I set the RNA reversion timer to 180, then it does extend the time x2. The issue is we have one agent available after hours and when they leave their desk for a break I was concerned about disconnecting the caller. I only use this setup when UCCX is out of service for upgrades etc. I guess this is more reason to have UCCX HA.

My suggestion would be to have the final destination be a call handler that plays a 'no agents available at this time' message. A little better than just a hang up.

alejandro1987
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Phil Bradley 

Once I had a problem similar to yours, my service desk lost connectivity to the UCCX cluster, a quick and perhaps very simple solution was to create a translation pattern, I'll explain my case and example:

The call enters a pilot (5000) that obviously already belongs to a list and a group, later within the group there is the agent or agents to take the calls and as a last option there is a DN (5001) that I have configured in a translation pattern that fulfills the function of transforming that 5001 back to 5000 and thus the call cycles constantly, I know that it is not a robust configuration but in a couple of minutes the service was normalized.

I hope it is something that can help you when your UCCX is out of order.

Regards.

Brilliant. I'm going to add this to my bag of tricks. -- Maren

thanks a lot