Views
Helpful
Replies

switch mode for Dual ISP Setup

owen2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,
Currently, we have a single switch that connects the ISP link to our HA FTD Firewall.
refer to attach single wan.png
We are looking for an expansion in secondary ISP. refer to attach dual wan 

We are not sure if the switch that is connected in between should work in a stack or just trunk mode?

Cheers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not clear why you need 2 switches. But the question you ask is about 2 switches and so that is what I will answer. It seems to me that a stack would make it more simple and so I would suggest that a stack is preferred to 2 switches with trunks etc. But you could certainly make it work with 2 switches with trunks etc.

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not clear why you need 2 switches. But the question you ask is about 2 switches and so that is what I will answer. It seems to me that a stack would make it more simple and so I would suggest that a stack is preferred to 2 switches with trunks etc. But you could certainly make it work with 2 switches with trunks etc.

HTH

Rick

@Richard Burts  HI, we want redundancy for the switches. 1 switch for ISP 1 and another for ISP2.

Thank you for the clarification. 2 switches does address a physical single point of failure.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card