DanDo
Level 1
Level 1

C9200L-48P-4X

48 ports full PoE+

4x 1/10G fixed uplinks

PWR-C5-1KWAC

Fixed redundant

I'm trying to order a 9200 Catalyst switch. By looking at the spec above, My understanding that this switch will come with 48 copper ports full PoE+ and 1G speed on each port. But I'm not sure about the network uplink modular 4x 1/10G fixed uplinks stand for? I was think that this uplink modular will have 4 fiber SFP+ ports with two speeds either 1G or 10G depending on how we configure the ports for our back bones. Can someone help to explain this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes.

this switch (9200L) have 48x 1G copper ports with full POE+ (total switch power budget available in datasheet) and 4 x SFP+ ports. this SFP+ ports are uplinks and those are fixed (not modular. in 9200 switches you can change uplink modules and customize). you can plug 1G SFP transceiver or 10G SFP transceiver for uplinks. 

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

yes.

this switch (9200L) have 48x 1G copper ports with full POE+ (total switch power budget available in datasheet) and 4 x SFP+ ports. this SFP+ ports are uplinks and those are fixed (not modular. in 9200 switches you can change uplink modules and customize). you can plug 1G SFP transceiver or 10G SFP transceiver for uplinks. 

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card