Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I tried to locate a device and got this output switch#sh ip arp | i 10.228.8.218Internet  10.228.8.218           99   5c26.0a6f.4cf5  ARPA   Vlan8switch#sh mac add add 5c26.0a6f.4cf5          Mac Address Table----------------------------------------...

we have CisocN9504 and Cisco N93180EY switchs. both sides we have 40G interface that we are using "QSFP-40G-SR-BD".But the problem is that as soon as we insert the QSFP , the default Amber light becomes black..or it goes away. We have given command l...

HI I have  a 3560CG, but when I enabled IP routing on it I got this error: %PLATFORM_UCAST-3-INV_SDM: IP routing configured with invalid SDM template. As far as i can see the platform does not support routing, but it that true. It is a 3560CG-8PC wit...

Our security scanner reports that the 1000v switch is running a unsupported openSSL version.  I upgraded the switch to 5.2(1)SV3(2.8) from 5.2(1)SV3(2.1) per bugID CSCvb48570. 1    5.2(1)SV3(2.8)      0.02    5.2(1)SV3(2.8)      0.03    5.2(1)SV3(2.8...

tmoore by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I was deeping in forum about this concepts and how they work and in which terms we can use them. But I'm very confused about how will they work.  I'm preparing a QoS config for ASR1006 in one TenGiga subinterface. The subinterface connect to...

Hi Guys, We have 3850 switches stack power. Switch still running if its power supply fail. How to configure snmp to receive alerts for any of the power supply failure? Thanks

ip dhcp snooping database flash:dhcpb.txtip dhcp snooping interface GigabitEthernet1/0/27 channel-group 1 mode active ip dhcp snooping trust!interface GigabitEthernet1/0/28 channel-group 1 mode active ip dhcp snooping trust! interface Port-channel1 d...

I recently came across a setup that I haven't seen before. Basically, the L3 switch is the gateway for the user LAN. We'll say that address is 10.1.1.1/24. From there traffic is sent to a router. Here is the odd part (from my perspective).....the rou...

Ben F by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All.  I have a hub and spoke topology where there's a L3 switch with multiple L2 switches trunked to it.  Also, there are several VLANs in use.  For the L3 switch I have ip multicast-routing ip pim rp-address 1.1.1.1 each vlan ip pim sparse-dense...