Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 6880 Supervisor module and Fan failure

SuhaibElziq
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I hope you are all doing well.

I need a help with a case. I have two new Catalyst 6880, I have configured the VSS between the two switches and I have also configured the FEXs.

The next day I came to the work, I powered up the switches and I found the Red Status LED on both the Supervisor module and the FAN on both switches.

I checked the System ID and it is blue blinking, and I am unable to access any of the switches by console.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

That is very strange.  2 sups going bad at the same time.  And No, this is not a common thing with this model. Have you tried disconnecting the FEXs and attempt to login?

I would open a ticket with TAC and have them look into it.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Are the switches booting correctly? Can you plug in the console cable and watch for any error during the boot possess?

Since they are new switches and are not responding after the first initial deployment, I recommend opening a ticket with TAC.  You may have to RMA the sups.

HTH

Hi,

It seems that they are not booting at all, and I am unable to access the devices by console.

I am planning to do that, but its so weird that both of them failed with the same problem. Is it a common thing with this model?

Thanks

Hi,

That is very strange.  2 sups going bad at the same time.  And No, this is not a common thing with this model. Have you tried disconnecting the FEXs and attempt to login?

I would open a ticket with TAC and have them look into it.

HTH

Hi,

It is strange, and yes I have tried to disconnect the FEXs still the same issue.

An RMA ticket has been created.

Thanks 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card