cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IR1101 Not managed because the platform is not available in Include

john.schroeder
Level 1
Level 1

I have a IR1101 Router which is not being discovered/added in our CSPC 2.10.0.1. It gives us the following error:

Message: Not managed because the platform is not available in Include Platform definition

11 Replies 11

vivekcha@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi john,

Hope you are you doing well!
We are looking into the issue you posted and get back to you with an update.

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Chauhan

Hi john,

Please share the following details to check further:

Current cspc version:
Device OS platform:
Device OS version:
PID and product family of mentioned IR1101 Router:

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Chauhan

Hi

The CSPC version is as already mentioned 2.10.0.1
Device OS is IOS-XE 17.10.1a
PID: IR1101-K9 it's the only one in its family IR1100

Regards
John Schroeder

Hi john,

Thanks for sharing the details with us. Please share your email id so that we can connect over WebEx session.

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Chauhan

Hi

Can you please provide some instructions that I can look at to resolve this issue.

Hi john,

Please PM(personal message) me the below details:

Please login to the mention device and share the screenshot of Device OS.

And also share the the screenshot of Include Platform & Exclude Platform from discovery settings.

Path to take screenshot-->Go to CSPC GUI>Settings >Discovery Settings.

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Chauhan

Hi

The device OS has been included above. In regards to include and exclude lists I have previously made sure the everything is in the include list and nothing is in the exclude.

Regards,
John

khorram1998
Level 1
Level 1

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Verify that the IR1101 router is supported by Cisco Security Performance Center (CSPC) version 2.10.0.1 by checking the CSPC release notes or consulting with Cisco TAC.

2. Check the CSPC device management settings to ensure that the IR1101 is included in the platform definition. You can access this by going to the "Device Management" tab in CSPC, then selecting "Device Platforms". Make sure that the IR1101 is present in the list of included platforms.

3. Check the network connectivity between the IR1101 router and the CSPC server. Make sure that the router can communicate with the CSPC server on the management IP address and port.

4. Verify that the router is running a supported version of IOS.

5. Check the router's syslog for any errors or warning messages that may indicate a problem with the router's configuration or communication with CSPC.

6. If the issue persists, you can try to perform a factory reset on the IR1101 router and re-configure it.

7. Collect the logs of the CSPC and the IR1101 and share it with the Cisco TAC for further analysis.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
    All the best,
    AK

Can you please answer the above questions.

Hi @john.schroeder
Sorry for my late response

It's possible that there is a problem with the device's OS or version that is causing it to not be recognized by the management system. You may want to check the OS version and ensure that it is supported by the management system. Additionally, you can try to add the device to the management system manually by specifying the IP address and other information. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to contact the vendor for further assistance.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
All the best,
AK

Hi

I am using this forum as I always get pushed here by cisco in regards to CSPC. Hence I am asking what I need to do and providing the details for my systems and equipment and keep getting asked to find the information CISCO should be answering with.