cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco smartnet contracts

lsnarskis
Level 1
Level 1

How to import my cisco SmartNet contracts?

I was able to import all my devices via CVS import

But it shows 100% device not covered?

I have a SmartNet contract that covers all my devices?

How to upload the contract?

23 Replies 23

lsnarskis
Level 1
Level 1

still no help from Cisco?

I called and called nobody seems to care and have no idea where to send me for HELP?

Hello Linas,

i am not sure what you mean when you say you called so hopefully I can answer the question.

Looking at the portal I can see the 10 devices uploaded. I checked two serial numbers and as you say they are covered on a contract  ending '2806'.  The contract does not show on the portal or the Customer Inventory report so it could be an associated bug (cdet).  The good thing is you are covered if you need support.

I cannot see if that is true so need someone else to look at this for you.

Regards, Tim

I called TAC and GSMT CCW

I spoke with a few TAC guys and they have no idea what Smart Net Total Care is or how support it

I walked him through the access to the site and he has never seen this and know nothing about it

after several hours I gave up for now the TAC gut told me he would escalate the issue and he is sure someone should call he to help

I did get an email but I don't understand what they are asking

I will copy it here maybe you know?

Thank you for contacting the Cisco Technical Assistance Center. My name is Kirsten, and I am with the Service Relations/Entitlement team. I am the current owner of your TAC case 682239648.

I apologize that I am unable to call at the moment.

Unfortunately, your case escalated to entitlement since SNTC portal support requires a TSAB, TSAS, TSAG, TSAP, CSAS, AMSP, AMSS, AMST, FTSS, or NLS1 contract type. I did not find any of these contract types in your profile. The contract number 200632806 provided is not the correct contract type.

As of July 27th, Smartnet contracts that are due for renewal converge into SNTC Contracts. Customers with converged contracts are entitled to register on the Smart Portal. However, customers with only the core offer (SNTC type contract) are not entitled for TAC Collector and Portal Support. There is only community support forums available for these contracts. Here is the link for community support: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4891/smart-net-total-care

Do you have a TSAB, TSAS, TSAG, TSAP, CSAS, AMSP, AMSS, AMST, FTSS, or NLS1 contract in order to receive portal/collector support? Please let me know.

Best Regards,

Kirsten Ethridge

Cisco Global Service Relations

Hours: Mon-Fri 9:30am-6:00pm (0930-1800) U.S. MST/MDT

Phone: +1 800-664-3500 x4053344

If you need immediate assistance and I am not available, please call the applicable number below: North America 1-800-553-2447 | Australia 1-800-805-227 | Europe 32-2-704-5555  | Asia-Pacific 61-2-9935-4107 | UK 44-800-960-547

I don’t understand

I need to purchase TSAB, TSAS, TSAG, TSAP, CSAS, AMSP, AMSS, AMST, FTSS, or NLS1 contract to get my SmartNet contracts in SNTC?

Looks like we need to read up on this article, ours is considered self serve -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12629036/sntc-self-onboarding-overview-options-collecting-device-data

You do not have to purchase the CSAS or any of the other contract types Kirsten mentions to be able to see your contracts in the portal. Please see my previous answer.

Regards, Tim

Hello,

I have the same issue as the OP, I just renewed my smartnet contract and was able to register and become our site admin, but my device shows as not covered, and I don't have any contracts showing up also under contract management.

If I look under devices not covered under it's reason not covered says "review needed"

I read and followed the onboarding instructions and I uploaded a csv file for my inventory, I only have 1 Nexus switch that's under contract. Any advice would be great.

Hello,

If the device shows up as Not Covered in the Not Covered displays it is likely to be different to the problem reported by Linas. 

Could you share with this alias (sntc-community-feedback@cisco.com)  2 pr 3 serial numbers and the associated contract number please. Someone can then have a look for you.

Regards, Tim

Thanks for the reply Tim,

I'll send over the info to that email, I only have one nexus switch, that's tied to a smartnet contract, that I was able to use in onboarding at sntc.

how did you do onboarding?

I searched for it and cisco knows nothing about it?

Hello Lanis,

This is the on-boarding blog.  It is linked off this community.

The contract and device serial number are used in the first set  up of the Customer on the portal. 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12600946/self-service-onboarding-register-get-access-smart-net-total-care-portal

Rgds, Tim

I tried the onboarding link and I did do it and it will not let me do it agene ?

not sure if there is a problem with the onboarding process

cannot check anything and no support?

so far working with TAC on SmartNet there was a problem with my logon and partner was not setup correctly just wondering what else could be wrong

maybe this is why my contract not showing up in SNTC

After retrying now it is working

Hi,

I followed this link, https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12629036/sntc-self-onboarding-overview-options-collecting-device-data

You can start here too, has all the info to get started

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12566021/new-smart-net-total-care

I hear we might have different issues. I do also have a smartnet contract that I tied to my nexus switch in order to get onboard sntc, I don't have any sntc contracts which I read you don't need to get devices into the sntc portal