cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Inventory

RonF
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed a CSPC collector (2.7.4), done a discovery of 236 routers and switches, done a collection on them using both SNMP v2c and CLI and have uploaded that data collection (at least as far as I can tell I did).

However, when I go onto the portal to see the result, I barely see any data.  I can see three uploads that were processed (I uploaded the collection twice).  But when I look at "Inventory | Summary" all fields show "0".  "Inventory | Equipment" shows no rows, with "No Data.  The grid returned no rows due to the query or filters".  However, if I select "Inventory | All Hosts" I see 214 entries.  The Hostnames and Management IPs show, as do the SW Type, Customer and Inventory names.  But Product Familyi, Product Subtype, Product Type and SW Version are all blank.  Can someone help me make sense of this?  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I uploaded that collection, looked on the portal, checked "Administration | Upload Processing", and saw that it had been processed successfully in about 3 minutes and walked away.  That was at 2:58 P.M. my time.  Now, having come back after about 1/2 hour and looking again, I see that about 17 minutes later 3 uploads occurred over a span of 5 minutes and have been processing ever since.  I have no idea how that happened, as I was not even at my PC at the time.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What is your appliance id?

Also did you run the collection before uploading? “collect button on web UI”.

The appliance ID is CSP000***. I first ran a discovery using SNMP v2c and uploaded it. Then I created a collection profile using both SNMP v2c and just about every CLI command I could tick off, ran it (which took a while!) and did another upload.

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Let me validate, however, this behavior seems consistent with a “collection” – Inventory not taking place.
A discovery will only gather minimal details about the devices, if a collection is not ran, then the only data that gets uploaded via an upload profile will be this basic data.

Also, if you crated a custom collection profile, we recommend that you try the default “SNTC” collection profile first to see if data comes in.
Some datasets are required, the default profile has all these already selected.

Regards,

I am running the default collection profile now. I'll run an upload as soon as it finishes.

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The default collection profile should have the upload option already enabled by default.

Just run it and it will take care of the upload by default.

I’ve validated that the current uploads have been coming “empty”. Once your latest comes in I can validate again.

Hm. I ran the collection and then, not having read your last posting, ran "Upload". It ran successfully.

How do you select WHAT you're uploading?

The collections have finished processing and now I see what (at first glance, without diving into the details) I expect to see.  The question I need answered now is, what happened?

I uploaded that collection, looked on the portal, checked "Administration | Upload Processing", and saw that it had been processed successfully in about 3 minutes and walked away.  That was at 2:58 P.M. my time.  Now, having come back after about 1/2 hour and looking again, I see that about 17 minutes later 3 uploads occurred over a span of 5 minutes and have been processing ever since.  I have no idea how that happened, as I was not even at my PC at the time.