Views
Helpful
Replies

reset password of ME3600x-24fs-M

chpmotry
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys.

i have a laptop ASUS VivoBook 15 R521JA and the ME3600x-24fs-M switch that i dont know its user, pass . when the below note is showed in start of switch , i'm clicked on pause/break button and the flash of switch initiated and It does not go to the reset password step.  i tested the following button when the switch is coming up:

1.ctrl+C

2.ctrl+B

3.ctrl+break

4.esc

but the switch dont go to the reset password environment.  I even connected an external keyboard to the laptop, but still the switch does not go to the password reset environment

What should I do?

2 Replies 2

Volgash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @chpmotry 

Which terminal emulator do you use? Use PuTTY, or if you are using PuTTY, try using SecureCRT. Also, I have the same hardware in my lab, and I can give you an accurate answer on Monday morning.

Best.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @chpmotry ,

see the following link for break sequences for various operating systems and terminal emulation software:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/10000-series-routers/12818-61.html

If the no service password-recovery command, after you press the BREAK sequence, the switch will prompt you to reset to factory defaults.

Hope this helps.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***