cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Desk Pro power brick power supply shuts down over night

hankej
Level 1
Level 1

WE just got in a new Webex Desk Pro and I am having an issue with the power brick and wondering if anyone else had the issue or perhaps I just missed a setting.

Every morning when I come in, the power brick is powered off.  The light on the brick isn't lit up anymore.  I unplug the power cord that goes to the surge protector and plug it back in, in the morning and the light on it turns back on and it runs all day long, but when I come in the next morning it is turned off again and I have to repeat the process.

I would like for it to stay on all the time.

Thanks

Joe

3 Replies 3

michdec01
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having this exact same issue.  Each morning that I walk into my office I notice the light on the power brick is off.  Unplug it, wait about a second or two then plug it back in. Gets to be rather annoying after a while.  

keyster
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue too.  When the unit is left powered on, up and running overnight, the brick goes out after one day.  However, if I shut down the unit itself, the brick will remain lit for days on end.  Seems that it might be related with the unit itself, but cannot find any power setting that would cause this?  Cisco....please give us an answer.

MarkContact
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here. Has anyone else run into this?

I wonder if it is some type of power saving where the device tries to shutdown the power brick, but doesn't get it back out of sleep mode.

Here is a bug report that they have been investigating for 2 years now: https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvx44144