cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA232d / SPA302d and CUCM 8.6

AdamBlackNNT
Level 1
Level 1

I want to try out the new wireless DECT phones from Cisco, and to that end I have purchased a SPA302D kit, including the SPA 232d DECT base unit and a SPA302 phone.  Still being pretty green to VoIP I figured that those being SIP-capable Cisco devices all I would need to do is update my phone database in CUCM to the latest/greatest version and I'd see them listed; as it turns out I was pretty wrong.  Lesson learned there, but my challenge is now to get it to work anyway.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to go from here?  What do I need to do to get the base talking with the CUCM?

21 Replies 21

Hello Chris, sorry for late response. We are in middle of upgrading from CUCM 9 to 10.5 and am busy with migrating sites/users over.

I was able to get the ATA registered and added 3 lines to the ATA. Works perfect. I am attaching what I did to this.

Hope it works for you.

Thanks,

Rob G

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for the detailed screenshots and instructions. Trying this within the next couple of days and will update this entry afterwords.

Thanks,

Chris

This was very helpful, thank you.  I will add that I had to open a TAC case as I couldn't get past the rejected even with your guide.  The solution was to turn off digest authentication and add the End User name as the directory number.  Not pretty but I'm just happy it worked.  Hope this helps some other poor soul ))

I am considering using these devices in a design for a CUCM 10.5 system.

From a licensing point of view, am I correct in thinking  that a Basic UCL license will suffice?

My thinking is based  on this link: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/611-cmcfg/b09sip3p.html#wp1013624

Hi,

Please check the following link for CUCM 10.x ( Table 2 )

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100101.html#CUCM_RF_U75FBF1E_00

Third-party SIP devices will consume Enhanced UCL.

HTH

Manish

Many thanks, Manish, for pointing me to the correct link

BRIGHT UBUEME
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys 

i still have issues trying to bring up my SPA525G2 can any one help.... i have the phone as a SIP thrid party device  and still having issues trying to get IP from the CUCM

this phone is not just woking, i think i need to do some twiking on the phone GUI itself which i hav tried but not working