Helpful
Replies

RTMT v14 Installation shows "preparing to install" then crashes

CHRIS HABBERJAM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm installing RTMT v14 on Windows 11.

I've tried with both Oracle and Zulu versions of Java, both fail.

Initially, Oracle gave issue saying JVM not available, so I uninstalled, switched to Zulu and amended all Environment Variables to match.  Now, the installation appears to run saying "Preparing to Install" and then simply clears off screen and ends.

Any help appreciated.

Chris

12 Replies 12

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Maybe this old post helps:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/installing-rtmt-version-14-windows-11-install/m-p/4661663#M404949

And officially, RTMT 14 is not supported on Windows 11:

bwinter_0-1714735699111.png

Hi,

Yes, I've already seen that post and tried all of the recommended settings.

I must confess that I'd not checked if RTMT was supported on Win11 ... sadly, this is a pivot machine, provided by the customer, who, deleted our old Win10 PCs and gave us new Win11, so I'd lost all my installed apps, etc in their move and I'm just trying to reinstate.  

We may have to use Webex RTMT via Cloud-connected UC if it's not supported.

Thanks

Chris

You could try to use the RTMT version that came with v15 when connecting to CM 14. I tested that last week and it worked for me. The RTMT that comes with CM 15 isn't an installable program anymore, it's a bat file that starts RTMT without any installation. I've added my shortcut link file and the RTMT icon file taken from a v14 installation into the attached zip file. So pretty much all you'd need to do is to unpack it and modify the paths in the shortcut file to fit where you stored the files.

Response Signature

This is fabulous @Roger Kallberg! Thank you!

Hi Roger, 

Thanks for this.  For a second, it looked like it was going to work.

I amended the shortcut and when I double-click, I can see the cmd screen open and the batch file starts to run .. then it closes and I see nothing.

Windows Event viewer shows some very strange errors with "local launch" in the wording, so just going back to customer to see if they have some rules in their Group Policy.

Thanks

Chris

FWIW: I put the RTMTv15 files in the same path as indicated in the shortcut (so Program Files instead of Program Files(x86) like my RTMTv14 instance) and it all worked perfectly. (Thanks again, @Roger Kallberg!) 

When I launched it and connected to my v14 CUCM it asked to download a compatibility module, which I agreed to. Other than that, there was no trouble. So it 'can' work. I hope you figure it out.

Maren

confirmed. i switched to 15 late last week....

might be all in my head but seems to run better than previous versions

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

RTMT works on Windows 11. I dont recall having to do anything special to make it work but it is working

I didn't say, that it absolutely doesn't work. I just said, that officially it's not supported on Windows 11.
"not supported" doesn't mean "not working".

And just because it works on your PC, doesn't mean, it will work on any other machine.

bwinter_0-1714738470633.png

"RTMT works on Windows 11. I dont recall having to do anything special to make it work but it is working"

just repeating what i wrote here......because i didnt say any of that. Just said i have windows 11 and it is working. 

isadorafinch5
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds frustrating. Have you tried running the installation in compatibility mode or with administrator privileges? Sometimes that can help with compatibility issues on newer operating systems like Windows 11.