Views
Helpful
Replies

EMCC with Single AD Integration

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Techies,

I have configured EMCC for CUCM 8.6+CUCM 8.5 cluster. The customer has CUCM 8.6/8.5 integrated with one AD. So the users are same spread across both clusters. I have followed the cisco support channel youtube video.

When I am trying to login to remote cluster phone, I am getting Login Unavailable 205 error.

Since the customer is having only one AD, as referring from the EMCC  service configuration guide, there exists a limitation on the unique user id.

" EMCC Duplicate User ID Limitation

Duplicate user ID does not get supported (for either the same or different PIN), because the behavior is unpredictable "

Requesting you to please help more on this and let me know whether the EMCC function is recommended for clusters whom share the common Active directory and how can I overcome the situation

Your swift response is highly appreciated.

Regards
Ratheesh Kumar

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In LDAP integration point to specific containers where only users from that clusters exist if possible and then use custom directory or 3rd party directory application if you need to provide full list of users for corporate directory.

HTH,

Chris

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use a combinatio  of custom ldap filter and ad attributes to achieve this...

on each cluster configure a custom filter that will import users based on a specified AD attribute...

On each user depending on which cluster they will be enable AD attributes that will match the defined custom filter..

This will ensure only unique users are imported into the clusters

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

Deji,

I agree (+5 for good tip), but the issue is still going to be that the corporate directory will not include users only from local cluster, so customer directory or 3rd party will be needed if all users are to appear in the directory which in my experience is desired 99.9% of the time.

Chris

Guys

Below is the email which I received from Cisco PDI.

As you correctly mentioned EMCC has an User ID limitation as duplicate user ID does not get supported (for either the same or different PIN), because the behavior is unpredictable.

EMCC's existing solution implies the following characteristics:

*User from home cluster logs in to a phone at visiting cluster.

*Login procedure conveys the device information into the home cluster database.

*Home cluster database builds a temporary device with user device profile.

*Home cluster TFTP server builds the phone configuration file.

*After login, visiting cluster directs the phone to home cluster TFTP server.

*Phone downloads its TFTP configuration from home cluster (HC) TFTP server and then cross-registers with home cluster Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Unfortunately it's not supporting to check visiting site for device profile according to this solution.

For new features, you can request from your Cisco Systems sales/account manager to open an feature request for you and you can follow this request via him.

Regards

Ratheesh Kumar

Exactly what we said.

Please rate all useful posts!

Chris