Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Diverting a call coming from outside (PSTN) to another (PSTN) in cisco IP phone

Hello 

I have cisco IP phones that are configured in cucm, and I wanted to divert call coming from outside(PSTN) to my phone number(PSTN) when I am not around my office. I configured Call forwarding, What is required other than this? I need detailed steps. 

Thanks. 

7 Replies 7

Did you tested the forwarding ? is it working ? You need to make sure you  applied proper forwarding CSS .

If you are sending original caller information, your ISP will drop the call or translate. so we need to use last redirecting or do some translation to send the call within your DID range.

Response Signature

calling from both inside and outside works fine. but when I apply forward all configuration only the local IP's can make a call any PSTN phone can't make a call to the phone. 

1. how can I configure the cucm so that it can divert call to a pstn phone from both IP phone and PSTN?

I am a little short in cucm knowledge 

You mean when call forwarding enabled to a PSTN number , if  some one call your extension from PSTN  the call is disconnected . But  when some one from inside call your extension you are able to receive the call on your PSN number. is that correct. 

If yes try below settings for  Calling Party Selection  on gateway/Trunk.

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 5.33.34 PM.png

Most probably, this is due to ANI which is send to ISP. they won't  allow ANI other than your DID block. And they does this for billing purpose. 

can you share the gateway details. 

Response Signature

That is what happened. The pstn call to the phone are currently being dropped. I couldn't resolve the issue. 

Please elaborate in this: "so we need to use last redirecting or do some translation to send the call within your DID range.

There could be two reason,

First case:- since your are forwarding the call to outside. you need to have required privilege for forwarding. You can see CSS_GSM selected for Calling search space. you can also give the right preivialge using Calling Search Space Activation Policy 

Capture.PNG

Second case:- ISP droping the call if ANI other than the DID range.

i have enabled call forwarding to my mobile from my extension. with original calling parting enabled, ISP reject the call. see the debug posted below from the gateway..

1111111.png

When i changed to Last redirecting/First redirecting, the caller-id send was my Desk phone number and since its from the DID range ISP allowed the call.Have  a look on the debugs.

222222.png

Response Signature

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

please check this post, must be handy for you

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/call-forward-doesn-t-work/m-p/2311879#M244902

• Directory Number Configuration page Scroll down to External Phone Number Mask and enter the number that you want to send to the PSTN. Then click Update at the top of the page. You have to repeat this same procedure for the  other extensions configured for this IP phone (if you want to send those  numbers to the PSTN).

• Route Pattern Configuration page Locate the route pattern that you are using to make calls to the PSTN. Scroll down to the Calling Party Transformations section.

• If you check Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask, you  use the number that you configured in the Directory Number Configuration page as the caller ID.

• If you uncheck Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask, then you can configure the Calling Party Transform Mask. Enter a number such as113472xxxx (CallManager fills out the xxxx with the phone's 4-digit extension).
  • Route List Detail Configuration page Go to the Calling Party Transformations section.

• Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask If you set this to On, you use the number that you configured in the Directory Number Configuration page as the caller ID. If you set it to Off, then you need to configure the Calling Party Transform Mask (next line on this same page). The setting that you use here overrides  the settings that you configured in the Route Pattern Configuration  page. You configure the Calling Party Transform Mask here in the same way as explained for the Route Pattern Configuration page.

Also ensure that as i told you before:

In the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Page, choose  Service Parameters > CUCM IP Address > CM Service.

Set the CFA CSS Activation Policy as With activating device/line CSS.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if the applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would be curious as to how the Block offnet to offnet service parameter is set in your call manager. You may find this document helpful.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/14/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-for-cisco14/cucm_mp_e7a4c89c_00_external-call-transfer-restrictions-12-0.html#CUCM_TK_SE632795_00

Also, as others have already mentioned, ensuring that the forwarded call traverses your pstn gateway with an authorized DID is important.  Setting the last redirecting parameter is one way to accomplish this, as long as you don't have a requirement for the receiving Party to know the original calling number.

Response Signature