Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8841 IP Phone activation code

jpinkney99
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

So, we set up our CUCM and a majority of our phones have already registered with the numbers and names assigned to them, but there are a couple that are asking for an activation code or domain. None of the rest of them asked for it, but when I entered our domain and my DA login, it wouldn't let me. Thanks in advance!

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the phone is unable to reach the TFTP it will ask for either the activation code you generate on CUCM or for MRA credentials, this has been asked many, many times, a quick search will provide a lot of information on the message.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you, I understand that, but when the phone pulled everything from
DHCP, it also pulled the TFTP server's IP as well.

Can the phone reach the TFTP and if so is the device configured in CM so that it can pull down the configuration from the TFTP server?

Response Signature

hi sir

how can i contact  you?

i need your help

If you need help use the public community.

Response Signature

i have CP-8841 that i changed firmware to CP-8841-3PCC sip88xx.12-0-4MPP0101-205.loads with TFTP and now just show Enter activation code on phone.from https://192.168.199.102/admin/advanced i feel sip settings for my elastix but no any registration log on pbx server what i do?how can you help me please?

As your question is off-topic to the OP it is recommended that you create a new post to ask your question.

Response Signature