Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8861 3pcc activation code

Hi, 

I recently purchased a new 8861 3pcc K9. It is asking for an activation code. I purchased this phone for my small business and I'm the only user. I can NOT figure out how to find this code or get past this. Thanks in advance for your help. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From what I understand that is an ATA device. You’ll connect an analogue phone to the grey phone port as seen in this picture.

IMG_4750.jpeg

So you cannot use your MPP phone as it’s not an analogue phone, it is a VoIP, more specifically a SIP device. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

First of all I want to say that I’ve never configured a MPP phone, so I have no first hand experience on this. But based on seeing this type of question quite often in the community what I believe you’ll need to do is to configure the device via the webUI so that it register with the service provider SIP service or your on-premise SIP service if you have one. See this document for an idea on how to do this. Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Multiplatform Phone Administration Guide for Release 11.3(1) and Later 

Response Signature

Hi ROger,
Do I just need to copy and past the strings they provide on the table, in
the appropriate boxes they call for? Thanks,

Not sure if I follow what you mean. If you could take a screenshot of what you reference and add it as an image to the response it would be helpful. You’ll need to enter the information give to you by your call service provider into the relevant fields in the webUI to get the phone to register with your call service provider.

Response Signature

To add to this registration code applies to when you use the device with Webex Calling. For other call services you’ll need to configure the device using the webUI that I mentioned in my previous response.

Response Signature

If you have an MMP phone, you don't have a registration code. That was my problem. I got it solved ... over the configuration website of the phone itself.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cp-8841-3pcc-k9-ip-phone-starts-with-enter-activation-code/m-p/5089129/highlight/true#M415229

You can use a registration code with a MPP phone, but only if you’re connecting to Webex Calling. In other cases you’ll need to enter the registration configuration via the webUI. This is what I responded to the OP of this post in my two earlier responses.

Response Signature

You can't connect to Webex Calling without a contract, but you don't need one if you only want to make simple telephone calls.

See my response to this in your own post that you referenced in your earlier reply to me in this post.

Response Signature

Hi Roger, 

I was able to now get past the activation code prompt. Now, on the display I have my user ID with an X beside it and the line button is lit up in yellow instead of green. Still no dial tone or not able to use it but, can access settings. Any ideas on what might be the issue now? I appreciate your time sir. 

Have you entered the SIP registration information verbatim as you received it from your call services service provider? If you could share the information that you received from your call service provider and also one or as many screenshots as needed to show the entire configuration you’ve done on the phone so that we can verify it it would make it easier for us to help you.

Response Signature

Hey Roger, 

When you say call service provider...are you meaning AT&T who I have my phone line thru? Other than a phone line and WiFI I do not have any other services? Thanks, 

I think we’ll need to start from the beginning here. First of all the MPP phone cannot work on its own, it requires a SIP call service to connect with. When you say “AT&T who I have my phone line thru” what exactly do you refer to with that? What type of phone line/service do you have through AT&T?

Response Signature

Ok, i appreciate your help. It is a VO IP line. 

So with that VoIP “line” from AT&T did you get any information from AT&T on how to configure your device to connect with their call service?

Response Signature