Helpful
Replies

Helpppp! I lost access to my email

Racchel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I really need your help.

My phone started turning on and off for no reason and I had to format

I have a main Gmail account with all my stuff inside.

I use the duo mobile app to configure the dual factor. But I was stupid and saved the validation codes on my phone. And as I formatted, I lost these codes.

Now I have reinstalled the app and I can no longer log into the app with my primary email. Please I need help.

If there’s a way to disable double cell validation, I can enter my password here and try to get my stuff back.

My name is Racchel Velaque Velasco.

Can you help me? This is urgent

[Edited by admin to remove personal identifying information.]

1 Reply 1

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @Racchel, I wanted to let you know that I edited your post to remove your phone number and email address. It’s a violation of our community rules to share personal information on the forum for your own safety and security.

I’m sorry to hear this happened to you. Duo Mobile is unique in that you don’t log in to the app itself with primary credentials. The app is tied to your device’s hardware security module. Unfortunately, Duo does not have the ability to enable or disable 2FA. This can only be done on the account side (by Google in this case). I’d recommend first following the steps here to recover your Google account, and if you still need help, please reach out to Google support to regain access there.

Quick Links