cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 12.5 hide calling number in Cisco Finess

Genadi
Level 1
Level 1

My customer wants to hide calling number when inbound calls is coming to an Agent. I can't do it from SBC or CUCM as my script is sending some data via REST API based on a calling number. I want to hide calling number from cisco finess . How can i do it?

As an option i can change calling number in uccx script but i do not know how can i do it. I dont want original calling number to be visible.

13 Replies 13

Hi, I might not be following the use case, but even if you manage to hide the number in Finesse, isn't it also going to be visible on the phone/Jabber/IP Communicator device?

Yes, you are right but that is another part of question. 

The only thing I can think of is that at the incoming GW or CUBE you have a sip profile rule which removes the caller information before the call hits UCM. So all calls will show as anonymous for example. Other than that I can’t think of any other way you’ll be able to truly remove the ANI from the agent’s view.

david

But my script acts based on ANI. I am sending ANI number to external database using REST APi and then i receive some kind of information which is needed to route a call to appropriate agent . I wonder if i am able to hide ANI in the script. May be i can create transformation patterns on CUCM and configure CSS for CTI devices which are configured as CTI devices on UCCX side. As i correctly understand when call is routed to for example agent 2200 uccx is using CTI devices . So it can work i think. I will try and report here

No you cannot do that on the CTI side as it’s also used to handle the call in the script. Also if you where to come up with a way to mask out the calling number en-route to the agent that would not modify what is seen in Finesse. It would “only” affect what is seen on the receiving device where the agent answers the call.

Response Signature

Hi @Genadi , I came across this today in case it helps you with what you're looking to do? I think hiding it may cause more problems then it solves for you, but pass on in case it helps.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213516-configure-sip-normalization-script-in-cc.html

I dont think that it will resolve my issue as i need to have infirmation about calling party as it is used in communication with external database.

So you want to show/use ANI for part of the call (in parts of your script), but not show it when it ultimately is routed to the agent in Finesse nor on their phone?

That's what I understand. The only thing i can think of is a custom desktop which would be a huge undertaking!

david

Yes. 

What is it they are trying to accomplish? That seems an odd request....

Not sure It's a government organization 

My advise would be to ask them what they are trying to accomplish. Once you know that, there may be another way to give them what they want. The current requested as described seems like trying to make fetch happen....