cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Record with Confirm Filename

mike
Level 1
Level 1

Okay - this should be super simple but I'm having a brain fart that's lasted for a day. I'm working on an VXML app where I need to grab data entered in a previous digits with confirm node. I've tried both trying to store {Data.Element.Extension With Confirm.value} as a element data ("Data.Element.Extension With Confirm.Filename}") and also trying to directly reference {Data.Element.Extension With Confirm.value} as the filename. Each time when the recording is written it has a literal filename string instead of the data.

What am I doing wrong? It seems like it should be one of the methods above and I can see in the logs where the Record with confirm data value is set correctly?

Any help would be appreciated!

4 Replies 4

Can you post a screenshot of the nodes in question?

From what is in the Element specification, shouldn't you be using filename or filepath and not value unless I'm misunderstanding your issue?

Here's the link to it.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp11_6/programming/guide/ccvp_b_element-specifications-for-cisco-unified-cvp11-6/ccvp_b_element-specifications-for-cisco-unified_chapter_0101011.ht...

Sure thing! Sorry - I didn't explain this particularly well. High level what I'm trying to do is have a user dial into the VXML app, enter their extension (or an extension), and then take that input and use it as the filename for the record node.

So i tried this two ways. First way was just literally setting the <filename> setting in the "record with confirm" node to be what (I believe) is the value from capturing the extension in the "digits with confirm" node earlier in the app (Picture "CVP Recording Filename").

The second way I attempted this was to create an element data entry in the "digits with confirm" node (Picture "Data Element Create") and then reference that element data in the "record with confirm" node (Picture "Data Element Record".

Thanks for the quick reply, by the way! Really appreciate it.

Ok, so you want the user to enter x digits. You then want access to said digits, right?

So you use a Form element where you ask for the specific entry, then use {Data.Element.ElementName.value} to retrieve it. Now looking at one of my record file apps. For the name I have the full path as in http://{Data.Session.thishost}:7000/CVP/audio/{Data.Element.Record Name.filename} might this be the problem?

david

I think you're right on the money.

Also, are spaces allowed as far as values? Should it be Data.Element.RecordName.filename and not Data.Element.Record Name.filename for instance?