cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limits on API calls

TheDude
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey.  Is there any documentation on limitations around the CCE API's and how many API calls we should be performing at any given time?  Or any advice how we should be limiting or throttling use of the APIs?

Finesse is what I'm primarily interested in but I'd be curious about the rest of CCE as well.

Thanks

Lyle

2 Replies 2

My understanding is that there are multiple factors to this other than the amount of requests including load on the servers. Ultimately, the APIs will throttle you, but not sure if there's a hard and fast rule. I would love to know if there is.

david

Hi,

David is correct that there isn't a hard rule. It really does come down to how much bandwidth, the number of agents logged in, and the activity on the system, essentially as David said, the load on the servers. 

The bandwidth calculator may be helpful for you though: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/finesse/products-technical-reference-list.html

Do know that the Finesse desktop uses the same Finesse REST APIs and it was load tested under normal agent/supervisor usage. 

Thanx,

Denise