Views
Helpful
Replies

Deployed DaloRadius on my Catalyst Switch

zhir
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

I have deployed DaloRadius which is free Radius server to a cisco switch now i can't login to the switch even from console,
I tried to login with every user i made in my Radius server, but still it shows me: Authentication Failed. 

User Access Verification

Username:
Password:

*Mar 1 01:19:38.301: %RADIUS-4-RADIUS_DEAD: RADIUS server 11.11.11.10:1645,1646 is not responding.
*Mar 1 01:19:38.301: %RADIUS-4-RADIUS_ALIVE: RADIUS server 11.11.11.10:1645,1646 is being marked alive.
% Authentication failed

Username: zhir
Password:

% Authentication failed

Is there a way to bypass the radius server authentication without resetting the switch.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on the configuration you applied on the switch,

if you do not have local username and password even after radius not reachable, then you are locked, you need to reset the password methods.

if you setup a fallback method then change the radius key on radius server so switch not able to reach radius server then you can use local account if one created.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on the configuration you applied on the switch,

if you do not have local username and password even after radius not reachable, then you are locked, you need to reset the password methods.

if you setup a fallback method then change the radius key on radius server so switch not able to reach radius server then you can use local account if one created.

BB

Thanks a lot, you have any idea why the authentication keeps failing?

Depends on the configuration you applied on the switch

BB