cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvu27928 - Need more detail in "Return code 0x4093007E

ruhan.akbulut
Level 1
Level 1

This article solution did not help with this problem.
I currently have the following situation.
Switch: MDS9132 T
Current code: 9.2.2
Target Code to NXOS version 9.3(2a)

The following error message:
"Bootflash check failed with error (0x4093007E)".
Pre-upgrade check failed. Return code 0x4093007E (Issu cannot be done, bootflash is busy).
"Bootflash check failed with error (0x4093007E)".

My solution alternatively is reload (switch reboot ).
My question is if there is a more elegant solution?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Max Jobs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ruhan,

The error message "Bootflash check failed with error (0x4093007E)" indicates that there's an issue with the bootflash during the upgrade process. This error usually occurs when the system detects that the bootflash is busy or in use, preventing the upgrade process from proceeding.

While a switch reboot (reload) may indeed resolve the issue by releasing any locked resources, it's not always the most elegant solution, especially if it disrupts ongoing operations. However, in some cases, a reboot might be necessary to clear any locks and allow the upgrade process to proceed smoothly.

View solution in original post

Hi Moein,

Thank you for your response.

The affected switch is being newly installed, so rebooting was not a problem. With a switch that is already actively used in the SAN, a reboot is rather difficult. Hence the question of whether there is an elegant solution.

The solution you described is known and did not help in my case.

Max Jobs
Level 1
Level 1

Did you check boot flash? Dig deeper into why the bootflash is being reported as busy during the upgrade process.

You can use the dir bootflash: command to check the available space.

Run a file system consistency check on the bootflash to ensure it's not corrupted. Use the fsck bootflash: command for this purpose.

Also use this command to verify any unusual process: show processes

Maybe a reload soft command will fix it.

3 Replies 3

Max Jobs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ruhan,

The error message "Bootflash check failed with error (0x4093007E)" indicates that there's an issue with the bootflash during the upgrade process. This error usually occurs when the system detects that the bootflash is busy or in use, preventing the upgrade process from proceeding.

While a switch reboot (reload) may indeed resolve the issue by releasing any locked resources, it's not always the most elegant solution, especially if it disrupts ongoing operations. However, in some cases, a reboot might be necessary to clear any locks and allow the upgrade process to proceed smoothly.

Hi Moein,

Thank you for your response.

The affected switch is being newly installed, so rebooting was not a problem. With a switch that is already actively used in the SAN, a reboot is rather difficult. Hence the question of whether there is an elegant solution.

The solution you described is known and did not help in my case.

Max Jobs
Level 1
Level 1

Did you check boot flash? Dig deeper into why the bootflash is being reported as busy during the upgrade process.

You can use the dir bootflash: command to check the available space.

Run a file system consistency check on the bootflash to ensure it's not corrupted. Use the fsck bootflash: command for this purpose.

Also use this command to verify any unusual process: show processes

Maybe a reload soft command will fix it.