cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SECURITY-LOCALD-3-ROOT_USERDB_INIT_FAIL, Anybody see this error before?

ChrisGflys3D
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Our team is working on deploying some NCS5501's. We are brand new to IOS-XR and mostly it's been going pretty well, minus some smart call home bugs that are supposed to be fixed in 7.1.0...

However, one of our routers is running into this strange error that prevents any user database changes from being committed to storage. On any power cycle the user database is completely reformatted and we have to create a new user and password to get in. It does keep it's startup config just fine otherwise. It used to be working just fine, but this started when I tried to add a new user.

The error references a specific directory too, but it isn't present on the device as far as I can tell. 

File error detected (disk/file may be corrupted): path /mnt/fuse/rdsfs/aaa/__lr__/__root%%, error: 'LOCALD' detected the 'fatal' condition 'The contents of a file or disk is corrupted'

Assuming they are referencing the base path, disk0:/, this path doesn't seem to exist. In the "priv exec" context, the directory rootfs:/mnt/ does exist, but can't be looked in. Inside of the "admin" context, it also exists, but only contains a directory called "plog". I'm not sure what that is. 

Inside the IOS-XR SEM guide it mentions just making the directory inside of disk0:/. But I'd like to get some more context of what happened before I do something like that. On an NCS that does currently work just fine, the directory's look just the same as the non-working one.

I think that's everything I've checked, if anybody has seen and resolved this before, let me know how you did so!

Thanks!

Chris

3 Replies 3

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is OS filesystem corruption. Unfortunately we have few experiences with this error message, one is ongoing right now internally.

A quick solution is to reformat the RP.

A longer solution with an RCA of what is corrupt etc will need a TAC SR and the following show techs uploaded:

admin show tech aaa

admin show tech ctrace

show tech cfgmgr

show tech sysdb

and

show platform

show install active summary

show run

show log

show aaa trace

show aaa locald trace

dir /recurse disk0:

Thanks,

Sam

Sam,

Thanks for the prompt response! I actually have a TAC case open now
regarding this situation we have. I'll apply those show commands and
collect some information to attach to this thread and the TAC case.

Please send me an email too, its my userid at cisco.com, I can follow-up with the TAC engineer and development.
It may take a little longer than usual through to get a response from development due to the holidays.

Sam