cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 9800 <-> AP 9115 clock difference

CCC3
Level 1
Level 1

I selected use-controller for ap join profile, but ap does not accept wlc's clock.

We confirmed that time zone was changed, but clock was not changed.

When I tested it at the company, it was confirmed that it was changed.

Is there anything else to check?

wlc version : 17.9.3

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Does the controller sync time using an NTP server ?
 - Have a checkup of the WLC 9800 configuration using the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output into :
                                                                                                                 Wireless Config Analyzer
 - Upgrade to 17.9.4a (advisory release) + latest APSP  and check again

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Marce has already given the most relevant answers.  The AP gets the current time from the WLC at the time of joining but if the 9800 time is not correct (NTP synced) then it won't be able to supply accurate time to the AP so the most important is to check that NTP is correctly configured and working on the WLC.

use-controller for ap join profile, but ap does not accept wlc's clock
use-controller is to tell the AP to use the same time zone as the WLC, not the clock time!

You can also configure NTP for the AP to use a local NTP server directly (recommended for location services accuracy).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card