Views
Helpful
Replies

Wifi controller

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, 
My company has a historic wifi network that is beginning to show its limits, we would like to update it. 
It consists of a cisco 5508 controller, and a hundred AP702, AP1602, AP2602 terminals. 

Would it be possible to replace the controller while keeping the existing terminals, and then replace some terminals with new ones that perform better along the way? 

Thank you 

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If there are a lot of 1600/2600/3600, keep the 5508.

Only update the 5508 if the APs can get upgraded because the new 9800 will not support the 1600/2600/3600.  And, after 17.13.X, the 700 will not be supported either. 

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Replace the controller with a model of the modern 9800 series (which also offers a virtual controller) ; AP702  , AP1602 are no longer  supported ,better replace with modern APs too     ; for compatibilities look at :
                     https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card