Views
Helpful
Replies

Temporary loss of WIFi connection between handheld terminal and AP

DanielTelnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We got new terminals Honeywell EDA61K, but we have a problem with connection loss.
Wireless LAN Controller is Aironet 2800 Series ME. Terminals randomly lose connection. After a while he returns.
I switched the WiFi network only to 2.4. This reduced the number of appearances. Logs in the attachment
Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

DanielTelnet_0-1714050111599.png

DanielTelnet_1-1714050516925.png

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can only get more insights on that with full client debugging on the controller according to : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1200-series/100260-wlc-debug-client.html (corrected)
   you can have the resulting client debugs processed with  Wireless Config Analyzer

- Make sure that the ME based controller software version is up to date
  - Checkout it's configuration using WirelessAnalyzer input (procedure) for AireOs controllers
     and have the output analyzed with Wireless Config Analyzer

- Make sure that the Honeywell devices are on latest firmware (if applicable) , to avoid wifi driver bugs , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the controller running on?

If the AP gets rebooted, does the problem temporarily go away?

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Refer to TAC recommended link below for current recommended software version.  Depending on what subordinate APs you're using you should ideally be using 8.10.190.0 (check compatibility matrix if you have older APs).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card