Views
Helpful
Replies

iPSK Device Can't connect to Network

sajidabbas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to setup an iPSK based SSID on Cisco 9800-CL and have also installed iPSK manager to integrate with ISE Server. Have followed the guide provided here.

We would like to assign different VLAN based on external groups matched and pass the VLAN attribute in the auth profile, but want to test simply first with device getting on one centrally switched VLAN. 

The problem is the device is unable to connect with message displayed 'Can't connect to the network'.

Configuration has been followed as per guide and looks to be correct. I can see the device hitting the Authorisation policy and profile but cannot get on the network. Snapshot (ipsk auth snapshot) attached show device matching on the iPSK profile. 

I also did some client debug and it show like some parameter is missing in association request. Snaphot also attached for client debug.

Can someone help in identifying the cause of the issue. Is there a parameter missing or some attribute not being pulled from iPSK manager. The ODBC connection is working and i can pull the groups. However, when i tested the connection it show 'Stored Procedures' not found but this is probably cosmetic.

Appreciate the support.

Sajid

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The ipsk auth snapshot seems to indicate that the mac address was not find in active directory.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Theastad
Level 1
Level 1

The person is trying to set up an iPSK (Identity Pre-Shared Key) based SSID (Service Set Identifier) on a Cisco 9800-CL and has installed iPSK manager to integrate with ISE (Identity Services Engine) server. They followed a guide but are facing issues with the device not being able to connect to the network, with an error message saying "Can't connect to the network". The person wants to assign different VLANs based on external groups matched and pass the VLAN attribute in the auth profile, but they want to test with the device getting on one centrally switched VLAN first.

The configuration seems to be correct as per the guide ballsportsgear, and the device is hitting the authorization policy and profile, but cannot get on the network. The person has attached a snapshot showing the device matching on the iPSK profile and client debug, which indicates that some parameter is missing in the association request. The person is unsure if there is a missing parameter or if some attribute is not being pulled from the iPSK manager. They are also facing an issue with the ODBC connection, where it shows "Stored Procedures" not found, but they think it is just cosmetic. They are seeking help in identifying the cause of the issue.

Gaurav  Kansal
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sajidabbas,

You are hitting with random MAC address. please check with your MAC address in your ISE entry.

Good Luck..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card