Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Combining c1200, cap2702E, and ap-1832i's

I currently have two separate WAP networks which I would like to combine into 1. I have the above devices and I was wondering is it possible to combine them controlled by one controller. One network is controlled by the ap-1832's. The second network is all c1200's but I found a 2702E also.

I want to combine them under the existing controller. Possible?

Also can a controller have two separate networks on it (two different entities).

Thanks

Joe W

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If, by "c1200", you mean 1230, then it is not possible because the last firmware to support the 1230 is 7.0.X.X.

If, by "c1200", you mean 1240, then it is not possible because the last firmware to support the 1240 is 8.0.152.0.

1832 support starts with 8.1.122.0.

It is best to have two different controllers until the old APs get replaced.

helpful! May convince my boss to upgrade.

How about the 2702. Will that work with the 1832?

Ye

joseph.williams@atos.net wrote:

How about the 2702. Will that work with the 1832?

Yes and no. 

The final "software support" to support 2700/3700 with Mobility Express will be 17.3.X.  So as long as the WLC is not running 17.4.X (and later) the AP is still supported.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should look at a new implementation with new ap's if you can.  Mixing an matching sometimes is not a good idea at all and an old design is not a design that would be used today.  I don't know what controllers you have now, but the 9800's have been out for at least a year and will be replacing the AireOS controllers and eventually the AireOS access points.  You should speak with a Cisco SE or a Cisco VAR and get ideas of what you can do and where things will be in 2-5 years.  You don't want to be shocked knowing that what you have is no longer supported or code is no longer being developed.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card