cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VWLC setup

Matttail
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on setting up the Cisco vWLC controller as Hyper-V VM. I've downloaded the ISO, MFG_CTVM_LARGE_8.5.161.0.iso, and believe that I've followed the Hyper-V setup guide correctly but the controller doesn't boot up - it shows an error

"Starting Fastpath Hardware Acceleration: Killed

Terminated

Shutting down DB Services...

Shutting down Web services..."

It then proceeds to reboot and repeat the same process. I downloaded the ISO file again and tried with a fresh vhdx file but no change. I have a gen 1 VM, 2 VCPU, 2GB RAM, 8GB fixed size vhdx, two nic cards, first is not connected, second is attached to my LAN. The install seems to go fine as far as I can tell. After the install reboots I eject the CD and I press any key to use this as my console. Then the error message. I've tried searching for the error I'm seeing on screen but I'm finding nothing. I have also tried spinning up the VM on teo different hosts and I'm getting the same issue, so I'm guessing I have something configured wrong but I have no idea what.  Any help appreciated.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if the Hyper-V version used is compatible with the vWLC version

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks, the only requirement I could find was 2012 or newer.  I'm running 2019, and I also tried it on 2016 with the same result.  

Matttail
Level 1
Level 1

I'm thinking there is a bug with the MFG_CTVM_LARGE_8.5.161.0.iso version on this site, I've just tried the install on a third host, this time running under Virtualbox and am getting the exact same error.  I don't have purchased support with Cisco so not sure what I can do.  

- Try using the latest vWLC version available (but keep compatibility with hyper-v versioning in mind).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

For anyone else who might run into this issue I was able to switch to version MFG_CTVM_LARGE_8.5.160.0.iso and get the install to go through. I first just let it re-install over the existing installation, it claims to re-partition the VHD but that didn't work - still got the same error message on boot. I went ahead and just cleaned up all my testing and various VHDX's I'd made along the way. Created a new VM and installed with that version and it just worked!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card