Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9800 WLC - AIR-AP1810W-E-K9 -Client failing to join

Hello all,

Im after some additional support with a WLC/AP issue.

I have a Client failing to connect to our Cisco 9800 WLC from a AIR-AP1810W-E-K9. 

I am seeing DTLS errors with a unknown ciphersuite.

CAPWAP DTLS session closed for AP, cause: DTLS server session shutdown

This is the only affected client on the WLC. 

WLC running - C9800 Software (C9800_IOSXE-K9), Version 17.4.1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc5)

Please see attached .txt file for further info

18 Replies 18

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check you may be hitting with bug : (try different Code, is this only AP having issue ?)

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvt24635

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

If we were seeing more clients with the same issue then I would agree, but this is the only client that seems to be effected at this time. 

In that case,  lets do some troubleshooting and collect the logs.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi

Try to run debug for this particular client and share the resut.

This message "CAPWAP DTLS session closed for AP, cause: DTLS server session shutdown"  it not related to your problem.

If you have any problem with CAPWAP, this would affect all your clients connected to that capwap AP, not only one client.

This is some false positive.

Hope this is suitable - Radioactive trace from 9800 WLC plus info I had gathered

Radioactive debug trace used last 60 minutes as a sample window

Which is the client mac address? 

Apologies, It is the Access Point (ethernet mac 0008.3290.1800) that is failing join the WLC which is the problem.

This AP is not supported on this WLC with this version code.

It stopped in 17.3.x

1810W Series

AIR-AP1810W-x-K9

8.2.110.0 Cisco IOS XE Gibraltar 16.10.1

Cisco IOS XE Amsterdam 17.3.x

I don't believe that is correct - We currently have 13 otherAP's of the same model running without issue on the 9800 WLC

Currently the WLC has an uptime of of over a year on this code - We have a mix of AIR-AP1815T-E-K9, AIR-AP1815W-E-K9 and AIR-OEAP1810-E-K9. At present the only AP we are having an issue with is the one with Ethernet Mac 0008.3290.1800. 

I just reading the Wireless Compatibiility Matrix.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html 

Yes, that would incicate that our 1810w's shoudn't work. 

However, we do have a number of them working on our 9800 at the moment. 

We haven't upgraded the platform since install and the 1810w migrated over from the previous WLC's wihtout issue as far as i know.  

Just confirm if they have the exactly same part number. There are many part number for 1800. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card