Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3504 DCA problem

teckchai-chong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, 

I have face a very weird issue. Currently my environment are running with 2 x C3504 in HA. There have 18 AP mixed with 1702, 1852, 2802, 9120. Some support for CleanAir some not. Too use all this model, we had choose the version 8.10.130. So far everything is working good. But there have one funny thing is the DCA assign all my AP in channel 11. Same to the 5Ghz (All AP in same channel). 

Those AP is not that far from each others, it should be within 10 meter radius. I had try to off the DCA, and manual channel/ power, it work perfectly in signal coverage. But when i turn on the DCA, the power will be like 6-8 (-70dBm to -75dBm) and all stick with same channel. 

May i have some clue that what i should looking into the configuration?  Thank in advance.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvn76866

Go for https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312601/type/280926587/release/8.10.190.0 
    and check if that can bring improvement

>...May i have some clue that what i should looking into the configuration?  
   You may for instance have a checkup of the controller configuration using WirelessAnalyzer input (procedure) for AireOs controllers
   and feed the output from that into Wireless Config Analyzer

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

teckchai-chong
Level 1
Level 1

I had try to diagnose, i think my current environment does not meet the RRM critirial. I have multiple AP (More than 3 neighbours AP) but all the signal is less than -65dBm. That make the thing into a bad cycle. I try to reboot all AP, but the AP boot up power is not 1. Hence when RRM cannot detect or meet the critirial, there are no changes in channel. Now the envrinoment are running smooth although all in Channel 11, no roaming issue, speed and coverage also quick good. No error found.

May i know does Cisco Catalyst/ Aironet AP boot up, the initial channel is 11 right? Is that the reason why all my channel is stick to 11?

jagan.chowdam
Level 7
Level 7

Have you tried restart DCA from WLC CLI?

2.4 GHz: config 802.11b channel global restart

5 GHz: config 802.11a Channel global restart

Make sure you selected all 2.4Ghz non overlapping channels (1,6 & 11) under DCA Channel list.

jaganchowdam_1-1715569295146.jpeg

Jagan Chowdam

/**pls rate useful responses**/

Yes, the DCA are restart, can see the channel update time. But the Channel is still all 11. I had try manual configure the channel, it work nothing different from now, just the power assignment txPower might higher only. I am just thinking is that the bug or it is just balance and i can just leave it within co-channel.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Did you read @marce1000 reply?

1. Upgrade to 8.10.190.0 as per TAC recommended (link below)

2. Check your WLC config using Config Analyzer (link below).  Rectify all errors reported by the tool (in red).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card