cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

Over the weekend I tweeked a bunch of BR350 radios to improve their links. Two of the settings that I found myself playing with were beacon period and bridge spacing. Can you tell me what these two settings do? A high beacon period seems to allow ...

westmanm by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Any help would be appreciated. We are trying to link two buildings using wireless. This is not a problem. However we also need some form of backup. The idea is to use ISDN as a backup. The scenario would be that the wireless was plugged into one ethe...

wsherlock by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anybody know if it is possible to map multiple WLAN VLAN's and still map these to a single VLAN on the wired network?I would like to create VLAN's with different levels of security for WLAN clients (PEAP with OTP and Static WEP) and have these u...

a.mayat by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are currently in the process of deploying a wireless LAN. We are considering using the AP 1200. However our main headache lies with the overflowing of our signal outside the desired area. According to information gathered so far, it would seem th...

rossdm by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am using 1200 AP's. I noticed that on a couple of our access points, under AP Radio: Internal Advanced, the fowarding state is blocking. When I do a "help" on this it says that the port is blocking transmission. This is the state when no stati...

rx33328 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a simple deployment of two 1100 series AP that is providing wireless connectivity to end users so they can have DSL. The network is running fine UNTIL I activated the MAC address Filter that I had built. I had a few end users that could not ...

j-mason by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to configure PEAP on WIN2000 with the 802.1X patch. I have ACU ver.5.05 and ACS3.1 on windows. My external LDAP stores passwords in clear text format. Am I gonna have any problems since the PEAP uses MS-CHAP V2 and the LDAP uses clear text?Als...

pambosch by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a BR350 in access point mode that I am trying to talk to using a Linksys WET11. The problem apears to be that the WET11 does not have all of the options to allow for long links like the bridges do.Is there any plans to release a new firmware ...

westmanm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have 13 A/Ps. I have created a VLAN (VLAN55) which consists of the FA ports where the A/Ps connect. Our laptops , all using Cisco 350 Aironets can get an IP address in the proper (55 net) range. The portable RF units (Symbol scanners, PDT's etc...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card