cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Abort Reason:DOT1X RESTARTED DUE TO EAPOL-START/CLIENT ROAM

collrbbrt
Level 1
Level 1

I see a lot of these errors on my Cisco 5500 Series Wireless LAN Controller, Software, Version 8.5.151.0. Is this something I should worry about? what would be the fix?

*Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_1: Mar 06 14:01:51.408: %DOT1X-3-ABORT_AUTH: 1x_bauth_sm.c:487 Authentication Aborted for client d4:1b:81:3e:56:81 Abort Reason:DOT1X RESTARTED DUE TO EAPOL-START/CLIENT ROAM

7 Replies 7

I would not worry about it unless users facing an issue. Message indicating client has to re-authenticate due to moving away from the current AP.

AireOS controllers typically do sticky key caching (SKC) and it is normal to do full authentication every time clients goes to a new AP.

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Full authc not need I think if he use FT'

Or I am wrong?

MHM

Yes, if he use any Fast Roaming (CCKM or FT) then full authentication not required when client roaming. Since it is 5508 with 8.5.x deployment, i would not expect FT to be enabled.

HTH
Rasika

Yes FT is Disabled.

I'm facing a few users complaining of intermittent Wi-Fi connection. when I look in Prime I see they either joined another AP or rejoined the Same AP. I was wondering if that error is related to what the users are facing. 

What is auth you use for wlan?

Can you share wlan secuirty page 

MHM

collrbbrt_0-1709758480398.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card