Helpful
Replies

9800L WLC - HA

craiglebutt
Level 4
Level 4

Got 2 9800Ls, running 17.3.4

Having issues with RMI-RP

The IPs I'm using are in the same managment VLAN, but what have notcied the Local and Remote IP are the same 169.254.95.124 on both boxes for loca abd 169.254.95.125 for remote.

Redundant System Information :
------------------------------
Available system uptime = 1 day, 2 hours, 7 minutes
Switchovers system experienced = 0
Standby failures = 0
Last switchover reason = none

Hardware Mode = Simplex
Configured Redundancy Mode = sso
Operating Redundancy Mode = Non-redundant
Maintenance Mode = Disabled
Communications = Down Reason: Failure

Current Processor Information :
-------------------------------
Active Location = slot 1
Current Software state = ACTIVE
Uptime in current state = 1 day, 2 hours, 7 minutes
Image Version = Cisco IOS Software [Amsterdam], C9800 Software (C9800_IOSXE-K9), Version 17.3.4c, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2021 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Wed 10-Nov-21 11:55 by mcpre
BOOT =
CONFIG_FILE =
Configuration register = 0x102
Recovery mode = Not Applicable

Peer (slot: 0) information is not available because it is in 'DISABLED' state

Surley this should be the other way roundHAHAPrimaryPrimary

8 Replies 8

What issur excatly'

There are 

RP interface must not share same subnet with RMI.

What you see correct' each one config it IP and it peer IP.

Are you facing issue with HA SSO?

MHM

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...but what have noticed the Local and Remote IP are the same 169.254.95.124 on both boxes for loca abd 169.254.95.125 for remote
                - What do you mean by the same , those addresses don't look the same to me  ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

looks like mine..  or same idea.

You can in fact GUI into the RMI ip's..  the standby unit will report "Standby console disabled"

the original ip management ip for the standby is shutdown after marrage (SSO enabled) because it becomes the same as the master unit.  The service ports behave similar to the RMI's.  

"

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a pic from the SSO document to give you a different perspective.  So what you have is correct.
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/220277-configure-high-availability-sso-on-catal-04.png

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

craiglebutt
Level 4
Level 4

Sorted it, even though the GUI IP address was correct, that didn't reflect in the address in CLI, even after rebooting and trying several times from scratch.

Once I corrected in CLI and rebooted, worked straigh away. 

Must be a bug not updating the CLI

Cheers for replys  

ah ha,  the hidden Apply/update button.   been there, done that.

more than one was to get done.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

running 17.3.4
Oh dear!    17.3 is almost end of life (bug fixes and security fixes have already ended).  There were a LOT of fixes and enhancements to HA-SSO after 17.3 and 17.3.4 is an OLD version of 17.3!  If you insist on running 17.3 then at least use the latest version but you really need to get your code version updated as per the TAC recommended link below - currently 17.9.4 + SMU + APSP and soon enough you'll have to start planning for 17.12.x

Hi Rich, just building first then experimenting with AP updates and see how it behaves, but cheers for heads up

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card