cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 x 9800 L 17.94a and Prime 3.10 patch 4

craiglebutt
Level 4
Level 4

Currently testing 9800 L, built 2, left one with a basic config so always have a guide and one with more config to match current 5520s before migration.

Both 9800s are talking to prime, issue is one is one with more config now not updating AP details.  Currently have 2 APs on the WLC and prime is showing me 1 as down and knows nothing about the other.  If I move the AP off shows the heat map on prime is clear and no alerts when APs on other WLC.

I've compared the settings, snmp is working on both

Checked Compatablity matix, everything is supported

Not sure where to look next.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CAt 9800 not HA right ?

what do you mean more config ?

check the config analyser :

https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer

what prime version, 3.10 ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The 1 having issues with is in HA. Has mobility anchors. Plan and interface config on

The 2nd wlc has just basic config to get on to the network and 1 plan that is working.  This will be a cross site failover, so that is why has only got basic config.

Prime 3.10.4, both was all working.

The 1 having issues with is in HA

to make it clear, you have only 2 WLC, one working and another you looking to join WLC in HA  - is this correct

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have 3 * 9800

site 1, there are 2 9800s in a HA

site 2, 1 stand 9800 alone WLC for a cross site failover.

Site 1 WLCs has been configured to match our 8510s which are going to be replaced. This has moblity anchors as well.

Site 2 WLC has a basic config on it, just enought to get on the network and a few SSIDS.  Soon as have a solid config, that will be replicated on to this one.

Also have just purchased 4 x 9800 80s, so the working config will be copied on to these.

Both SItes, WLC are talking to Prime, prime alerts when they are down, clients ect as shoudl do, but for some reason the one in a HA pair has 2 APs on it, prime only sees one and says it's down, the other APs is not shown in prime.

Have exported config, have ran a packet capture, all looks fine, 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card