cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

@Meet - different behaviour as @Webex - @Meet, does not give you the option to use the Webex Desktop Meetings app...

MarcoHirschmann
Level 1
Level 1

When participants are using the Webex Desktop app on their machine's and when they receive an outlook invite from someone who have used the @Meet option in that invite the Webex Desktop App does not open automatically. It only allow you to to download the collabhost.exe or participate as a guest while having the desktop app installed. 

When using the sender is using @webex then pc is using the browser for webrtc? 

I am confused here why is this behaviour different it causes a lot of questions as unfortunate not all of us are using Webex Teams as collaboration tool.. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@webex assigns your PMR as the meeting location.

@meet assigns a Webex space as the meeting location.

These are the defaults, but you are able to change them within Control Hub under the Hybrid Calendar settings.  You can also do @meet:myroom to use your PMR instead of a Webex space.

View solution in original post

By default, they will schedule as you have mentioned -  (@webex = meetings, @meet is also former Spark)

However, if you are looking to avoid this, change the setting in Control Hub so @meet = My PMR, that way both choices end with your PMR being added.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@webex assigns your PMR as the meeting location.

@meet assigns a Webex space as the meeting location.

These are the defaults, but you are able to change them within Control Hub under the Hybrid Calendar settings.  You can also do @meet:myroom to use your PMR instead of a Webex space.

Hello Mike,

correct that is clear to me but @meet and @webex are in the back-end 2 compete different systems right? (@webex = meetings, @meet is also former Spark)

The customer does not use Webex teams, so we are using outlook / office 365 integration to schedule meetings. Location is @meet or @webex.

Regards,

Marco 

By default, they will schedule as you have mentioned -  (@webex = meetings, @meet is also former Spark)

However, if you are looking to avoid this, change the setting in Control Hub so @meet = My PMR, that way both choices end with your PMR being added.