cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Teams Room - Room Bar Pro

Phant0mPhr3ak
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a new Room Bar Pro. During setup it gives the choice to setup as a webex device or teams room. I selected "Teams Room". This works fantastic for teams meetings. 

Now I also need to be able to do other meetings like webex and zoom. I see zoom shows as supported in the documentation but I do not see how I can join a zoom meeting from the device. Microsoft has their own documentation for teams rooms and shows an option to turn on but that is something that does not appear on the room navigator. What may I be missing in the setup? 

1 Accepted Solution

Yes, I had already been through that article. I did figure it out though. There is a couple steps missing in the context of a Cisco room bar pro. By default the admin menu on the room navigator is not accessible and can't be unlocked with a password on the device. 

I had to go to the device in admin.webex.com > All configurations > UserInterface > Settings menu > Mode and set to unlock. Then I was able to get to the admin menu on the device to turn on zoom. After looking at this again it says unlocked is the default setting but this is somehow not true. This was a brand new setup and that setting was never changed by anyone to locked. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just confirming that you have seen/followed Enable Teams Rooms devices to join third-party meetings ?

Yes, I had already been through that article. I did figure it out though. There is a couple steps missing in the context of a Cisco room bar pro. By default the admin menu on the room navigator is not accessible and can't be unlocked with a password on the device. 

I had to go to the device in admin.webex.com > All configurations > UserInterface > Settings menu > Mode and set to unlock. Then I was able to get to the admin menu on the device to turn on zoom. After looking at this again it says unlocked is the default setting but this is somehow not true. This was a brand new setup and that setting was never changed by anyone to locked.