cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 - Personal/Shared mode

archie_flip
Level 1
Level 1

I’m using a DX80 and I am wondering what is the difference between using it in Personal mode versus Shared mode. In what cases do I use one and the other?

Your help is appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

sarasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @archie_flip - I hope you're loving your DX80!

If your DX80 is used as your personal device - similar to your laptop or phone being assigned to only you - it may be beneficial to put your DX80 in personal mode.

Simply stated, when in personal mode the unit is tied to you (by your user ID), so it shows your calendar and rings when someone calls you directly. The shared mode option allows you to pair to the device using Webex and uses the application to control everything. It's ideal if the DX is in a shared space or others are also using the device, anyone can pair or use the device.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

sarasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @archie_flip - I hope you're loving your DX80!

If your DX80 is used as your personal device - similar to your laptop or phone being assigned to only you - it may be beneficial to put your DX80 in personal mode.

Simply stated, when in personal mode the unit is tied to you (by your user ID), so it shows your calendar and rings when someone calls you directly. The shared mode option allows you to pair to the device using Webex and uses the application to control everything. It's ideal if the DX is in a shared space or others are also using the device, anyone can pair or use the device.