cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5(1)ES46 Notification Devices > Pager notifications double digits?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Running Unity Connection 8.5(1)ES46

When a voicemail notification is sent to a pager, it is sending double digits for the call back number. So, instead of 535 3 6 0 0 #, it sends 55 33 55 33 66 00 00 ##. I don't have a pager to test with but that's what I hear when I have it call my phone (the initial call out seems to be working fine).

8 Replies 8

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Jason,

Double check that the call back (calling party's #) is represented properly in UC prior to the notification leaving.

Brad

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

They have 6500 handsets and lots of gateways/traffic, no reports of problems in CallManager.

More details from customer;

"It's actually her own phone number that we input so she knows she has voicemail.  It isn't SMS or SMTP - just pager.  The system calls out then enters the digits you specify. "

Jason,

I guess I'm still not clear which number they're referring to.  UC only allows you to configure the destination Phone Number that will be called for each subscriber, see below:

Once a message is received by UC, it dials out the notification to that pager through whichever phone system (sounds like PIMG/TIMG/SIP trunk in your case.  So for example if you want to notify pager 18001112222 by entering it in the "Phone Number" field, once that pager receives it, what's showing up in the display?  1188000011111122222222?

I guess what I'm getting at is that you only provide UC with a single number (or any extra digits) and it's going to dial those like any other call as I'm sure you're aware.  I'm trying to make sense of how the pager is being called properly, but showing an incorrect calling number.  Or, maybe I'm totally misunderstanding the symptom.

Brad

The callback number is entered into the Extra Digits field.  For example, 93334444 is entered as my pager number in the Phone Number field and 1112223333# is entered in the Extra Digits field for the call back number.  Instead of 1112223333, 11111122222233333333 is being displayed on the pager (if the display is large enough for all of the digits).

Did you ever find a resolution for this issue? I am having the same problem with an H323 gateway using 15.1 IOS.

Never did.  We just upgraded to CUCM 8.5.  I was hoping that would help but no good....

After some trial and error I finally got this fixed. I was using SIP trunks from CUCM to CUC and the DTMF was being sent inband AND out of band. I changed the CUCM SIP trunks going to voicemail to use only RFC2833 for DTMF instead of the default which is either/both RFC2833 and OOB (Out Of Band). Pager now receives only the digits specified in the Extra Digits field, not duplicate/double digits.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks.  I will give this a shot.  I played around with the settings before our upgrade.  It fixed the double digits but caused problems with the TUI (unrecognized tones).