cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Content Sharing Issue with HP Laptops

peter.haig1
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me if there are any known issues with the Cisco SX20 using HP laptops.  We are encountering an issue whereby when connecting a HP Laptop in order to share content intermittently the content will drop, in order to re-establish the content connection it requires a reboot of the laptop.

This occurs when the HP laptop is running either Windows 8.1 or windows 7.  The SX20  is currently running version TC7.1.4.908e4a9 and connects to the platform via H323 to a VCS (Software Version X7.2.3) for SIP Translation before connection to the bridging platform.  Is it possibe that this is a known issues and how can this be rectified?

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firstly, I'd recommend that you update your SX20 from TC7.1.4 to a more recent version (ie TC7.3.3) to address some of the security vulnerabilities in the older versions (here's one example: Cisco SA 20150320-OpenSSL).  There have been a number of improvements to the way the presentation is handled (and the automatic starting of presentation after a disconnect) in the later versions too.

Note: If the above hasn't answered your question, I'd suggest you move your thread to the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Unified Communications Applications section you have posted in.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.,

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.