Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Installation has encountered a serious internal error,system halt

Meddane
VIP
VIP

Anyone solved this issue when installing Cisco CUCM Version 14

I tried the following versions: 14.0.1.13900-155 and 14.0.1.12900-161 but I get the same and following error. I found some old discussions about this issue without a clear solution.

Capture d'écran 2024-02-21 181418.png

6 Replies 6

Hi @Meddane ,

Did you use the correct ovf template for version 14?

This happened to me in 2 occasions:

Wrong used ovf template or corrupted ISO.

Please let me know 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

@Carlo Poggiarelli  Thanks for your response. I used a bootable ISO.

@Meddane wrote:

@Carlo Poggiarelli  Thanks for your response. I used a bootable ISO.

That’s obvious as anything but a bootable ISO would not work for a installation.

However that’s not at all relevant to what @Carlo Poggiarelli asked you about. Have you checked the MD5 signature of the ISO and compared that with the MD5 that Cisco list on their download web page? For reference this is the MD5 of the Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_14.0.1.13900-155.sha512.iso, 2f2f4d9f4769d3d0afc3266ea0d3edff.

Also when you created the VM did you use the corresponding OVA file to run the task to create the VM with a OVF template?

image.png

Response Signature

Just want to add on to what others have replied:

Do you have any idea at which step the installation was before encountering this message?

I’ve also faced this issue. When your network settings are incorrect, the system throws an error message indicating that it cannot validate the network configurations. If you don’t respond (for instance, by ignoring the message and proceeding), and if the system waits for a long time, you’ll encounter the same error.

If you halt the installation and then restart it, the process will begin again. This way, you can determine at which step the failure occurred.

If the above doesn’t work, you need to redo the installation and find out on which step it failed.

Another option is to pull the installation logs and check.

Response Signature

The issue is encountered before the network settings.

lewismiles1022
Level 1
Level 1

The error you're encountering during Cisco CUCM Version 14 installation might be due to various factors. Ensure that your hardware meets system requirements, verify compatibility, and check if all prerequisites are satisfied. Consult Cisco's official documentation for troubleshooting steps specific to your version or contact Cisco support for assistance, as they can provide targeted solutions based on the current software and system state.