cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a Voicemail box and the call handler extension be the same in Cisco Unity connection?

madhu1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Could someone please let me know whether we can have Voicemail box and the call handler extension be the same in Cisco Unity connection?

We have a requirement where in after the greeting is being played in the call handler, end users should be able to leave voice message. Hence the post greeting setting should be redirected to a voice mailbox to deliver the messages. then the agents will login to the voice mailbox with the PIN to retrieve the voice messages.

I would like to understand whether I can have the same extension to both the call handler and voice mailbox. If yes how does it work?

Also there is a way for the voice messages to be delivered to the agents through the DISTRIBUTION LIST option. We do not want to configure with this design as the default mailbox policy across the cluster is 14MB. We are planning to have one generic mail box with 100MB space and then have the messages be delivered to the mail box.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot assign the same DN to call handler and user.  What does your call handler do besides playing greeting as that can be done directly on the user greeting.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot assign the same DN to call handler and user.  What does your call handler do besides playing greeting as that can be done directly on the user greeting.

Thank you Chris for confirming.

No problem, let us know if you need anything else, otherwise please mark the thread as resolved.