Views
Helpful
Replies

apply Barge Configuration

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

Dears,

i need to apply Barge Configuration in current CUCM (14 ) for shared line IP Phones 8845.

barge allow user to join active call in shared line IP Phones

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Have you done this? 

1. Set the Built In Bridge field to On.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Yes I read it. Did you or did you not set built in bridge on the desk phone devices to On.

I do not think that the assignment of the device to an end user is really required.

Response Signature

Okay so if I get what you’re saying you do see the Barge soft key on the phone that is in state Remote in use, but nothing happens when you press the button? If so two things that you should check.

1 - Have you enabled the build in bridge on any device that should take part in the call? I believe that you can enable this in either the device’s or in service parameters.
2 - Have you turned off privacy on any device that should take part in the call? This can be disabled on the device’s or in service parameters.

Response Signature

30 Replies 30

b.winter
VIP
VIP

And what exactly is your question now?

my question is how to apply Barge configuration

thanks a lot for your guide, but i already follow this guide but i get a little confuse, is there is any another guide for barge configuration ?

On which task do you get confused? Could you explain?
The main source provided by Cisco for configuring features in CUCM is the feature configuration guide (which I already posted). Other than that, only forum posts may help you more.

thanks b.winter for reply,

i will summary my action and pls guide me if iam wrong :

business need (  i have 3 IP Phones 8811 ) shared lines, i need if any call to one of them, the reset 2 ip phone can join the call using barge softkey

Action

- Add soft key template (barge) which only show with (a call state to configure )remote in use

- Set Service Parameters ( arty Entrance Tone clusterwide service parameter to True) & set the Single Button Barge/CBarge Policy to Barge & Set the Allow Barge When Ringing service parameter to True.

- User Management > End User ( why i have to select users ? ) they are shared IP Phones without specific user

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

any update dears?

Have you done this? 

1. Set the Built In Bridge field to On.

Response Signature

thanks Roger for replay,

i really appreciated your help!

did you review my steps? if did, what i miss? only your answer ( Set the Built In Bridge field to On. ) ??

sorry what about my query about set a device to end user ?

Yes I read it. Did you or did you not set built in bridge on the desk phone devices to On.

I do not think that the assignment of the device to an end user is really required.

Response Signature

sorry for my last question,

i will use only barge setting in Service Parameters not cbarge, right?

What you will use depends on the codec, that was selected for the original call:

Unbenannt.PNG

do you mean , if not working with barge setting, use cbarge instead ?

No, it means:
If you cannot use G.711, then you cannot use barge --> You have to use cBarge instead.