cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Roomkit Mini will not upgrade

Jacobb_S
Level 1
Level 1

I have a room kit mini that looses connection with the cloud constantly. Have factory reset device twice. Used two different network ports. Firewall settings work with Cisco 8811's. VLAN is voice. This started recently. Also noticed that the room kit mini is on RoomOS 10.6.1.1 20a28080ecd and my other 3 room kit mini's are on 10.7.1.2 ...... does anyone have the link to download the new OS for a manual upgrade? Or, is there another solution that I am no aware of?

TIA for your time and responses.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As @Nithin Eluvathingal said, for those versions of RoomOS, they are only available via the Cloud, there is no separately downloadable package for them.   You could download and install one of the earlier on-prem RoomOS versions (like RoomOS 10.3.3.0) and install that manually, then try to upgrade from the Cloud again.

If it keeps failing, it's likely an issue with the device's connectivity through the network/firewall to the required cloud sites for the upgrade to complete successfully.  If you are 100% sure it's not a connectivity issue, and it still won't upgrade, then I'd suggest you log a call with Cisco TAC.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

AFAIK, Room os will be pushed from Cloud. There is no manual installation. CE software can be installed through the Web GUI. 

Response Signature

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As @Nithin Eluvathingal said, for those versions of RoomOS, they are only available via the Cloud, there is no separately downloadable package for them.   You could download and install one of the earlier on-prem RoomOS versions (like RoomOS 10.3.3.0) and install that manually, then try to upgrade from the Cloud again.

If it keeps failing, it's likely an issue with the device's connectivity through the network/firewall to the required cloud sites for the upgrade to complete successfully.  If you are 100% sure it's not a connectivity issue, and it still won't upgrade, then I'd suggest you log a call with Cisco TAC.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Eric Ingram
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds like you need to raise a TAC case and MRA the device.  If network, cabling, FW all checks out it's like problem with the devices and no number of factory reset will get it upgraded.  As mentioned Room OS is from the cloud and get updated per cisco release schedule.  one other thing you could try is switching to beta and see if it updates, then move it back to stable.  Just a thought before RMA.